Members of the North Central Progressives Alliance (NCPA) have endorsed the All Progressive Congress (APC) National Chairmanship candidature of Senator Umaru Tanko Al-Makura who is currently representing Nassarawa South in the National Assembly.
This was contained in a communique issued at the end of a 1-Day National Conference of North Central Progressives Alliance (NCPA) held on Tuesday which was made available to newsmen in Lokoja.
The communique was signed by Rt Hon Clarence Olafemi former Governor and Speaker, Kogi State, the former Deputy Governor of Nasarawa state His Excellency Silas Agara and the former speaker of Niger state, Rt Hon Barr Adamu Usman.
The group noted that with his past experiences in party administration, impeccable administrative credentials, astute political pedigree and a unifier of many years standing, Senator Al-Makura is the right man NCPA is supporting as the next National Chairman of our great party (APC).
“The North Central Progressives Alliance therefore, implored other aspirants in the zone and APC stakeholders across the zone to rally supports for Senator Umaru Tanko Al-Makura in the spirit of oneness, brotherhood and the progress of North Central.
“The group commends President Muhammadu Buhari who is also the leader of the party-APC that despite daunting security challenges for his unrelenting effort in holding the country together and facilitating harmonious relationships within our party (APC)”
The group stressed that the zone has been terribly invaded by unknown gunmen, and suffered political marginalization since the inception of the 4th Republic.
The group therefore resolved that there’s the need to come together as one people to form a formidable team that can continue to rise and speak for the interests of the good people of the North Central Zone.
The group also unanimously resolved that Nigerian government and the law enforcement agencies should as a matter of urgency take the security of North Central States and FCT with utmost importance.
“Considering the contributions of the North Central to the fortunes of APC right from inception, NCPA strongly deem it right for the position of the National Chairman of the party to be exclusively zoned to North Central.
“Since two major national positions of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and that of the Senate President are currently in North West and North East respectively, NCPA has no option than to agree with majority of North Central party faithful, gladiators and political leaders insistence on the zoning of the National Chairmanship position of the party to the North Central zone,” the statement added.
Attendance/Signatories are ;
1. His Excellency Rt Hon Asiwaju Clarence Olafemi – Former Governor of Kogi State and Former Speaker of Kogi State House of Assembly
2. His Excellency Silas Agara – Former Deputy Governor of Nassarawa State
3. Dist Senator Emmanuel Dangana Ocheja – Former Senator representing Kogi East Senatorial District
4. Rt. Hon Abdullahi Bello – Former Speaker of Kogi State House of Assembly and Former Member of House of Representatives representing Okene/Ogori-Magongo Federal Constituency
5. Rt Hon Sadiq A. Mohammed – Former Member of House of Representatives representing Ajaokuta Federal Constituency
6. Rt Hon Barr Adamu Usman – Former Speaker Niger State House of Assembly
7. Hon. Kabir Ajanah – Former Member of House of Representatives representing Adavi/Okehi Federal Constituency
8. Hon Nathaniel Ojo Taiwo – Former Council Chairman and House of Assembly Member, Kabba/Bunu LGA, Kogi State
9. Rt Hon Hussaini Ibrahim – Former Deputy Speaker, Niger State House of Assembly
10. Rt Hon Dr Abdullahi Bala – Former Deputy Speaker, Niger State House of Assembly
11. Hon Yori Afolabi – Former Minority Leader, Kogi State House of Assembly
12. Hon Musa Alhaji Sule – Former Chief Whip, Niger State House of Assembly
13. Hon Fehinti Dada – Former Chairman, Ijumu LGA
14. Chief Hilary Amodu – Former Chairman, Idah LGA
15. Hon Mary E. Enwongwu – Former Hon Commissioner, Nassarawa State
16. Prince Sani Ogu Salisu – Former Hon Commissioner, Kogi State
17. Hajiya Faridah Odangi – Member, Sen Tanko Al-Makura Campaign Council
18. Hon Muhammad Kabir Idris – Member, Sen Tanko Al-Makura Campaign Council
19. Hon Collins Adama – Former Vice Chairman, Igalamela/Odolu LGA
20. Hon Abdullahi A. Mammangi – Former member Niger State House of Assembly
21. Chief J. O. Yusuf – Former S. A. to Chief of Staff, Presidency
22. Hon Ismail Ibrahim
23. Alh. Abdul-Rahman Asamaki
24. Otunba Bosun Omokore
25. Hon Popoola Theophelus
26. Otunba Shuaib Ipinmisho – Chief Adminstrator, NCPA