Ebira Education Trust Fund award scholarship to chemical engineering student in Kogi Central

248

 

As part of effort to encouraged youth in the pursuit of western education, the Board of Trustees, Ebira Education Trust Fund has awarded a scholarship to an indigent student to read Chemical Engineering at the University of Ilorin, Kwara State.

The Chairman, Board of Trustees of the Trust Fund Professor Mohammed Salihu Audu who approved the scholarship to the beneficiary Fahad Onoruoyiza Idris disclosed that the scholarship award which is two hundred and fifty thousand naira (#250,000) is to enable the awardee kick start his course of study.

Speaking during the presentation of the scholarship award to the beneficiary at NUJ press centre in Lokoja, Kogi State, Professor Audu who was represented by the Secretary , Board of Trustee Alhaji Hussaini Obadaki, lamented that last year Fahad Idris got scholarship to study in Turkey, but missed the opportunity due to poor financial status of the parents.

“Fahad financial predicament is so pathetic and touching. This is a young man who did Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) examination last year and came out with flying colour and got admission to one of the universities in Turkey, he was given 80 percent scholarship and the parents are expected to pay the remaining 20 percent.

ALSO READ:  OGANENIGU –HERDERS CRISIS: Echocho Condemn Killings, Destruction Property ......Wants Traditional Rulers To Find Lasting Solutions To the Crisis

“Unfortunately Fahad lost the opportunity because the parents could not pay the 20 percent. Fahad took it as a challenge and this year he wrote another JAMB and scored 340. He was also offered admission to read chemical engineering at University of Ilorin.

“Sadly, since the time the admission was offered to Fahad the parents can not afford to pay the acceptance fee let alone the school fees” he said.

He pointed out that Fahad predicament was brought before the Ebira Education Trust Fund by the leadership of Okengwe Development Association in Okene LGA, noting that upon investigation by the Trust Fund every thing the association said about Fahad are true.

According to him , the scholarship of #250,000 was awarded to him by Ebira Education Trust Fund to enable him pursue his education.

ALSO READ:  New Year: Attah Igala Congratulates Subjects , Make Case For Less Privilege.

While soliciting for support from well meaning individuals, corporate organizations and the government, Prof. Audu said that the world deserved to support the less privilege in the society especially those brilliant and intelligent students whose parents do not have the financial strength to sponsor their education.

The Chairman, Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ), Kogi State Council Comrade Adeiza Momohjimoh who presented the scholarship to the beneficiary appealed to Kogi State government to come to the aid of Ebira Education Trust Fund to enable it rendered assistance to the less privilege in the area of education.

“I want to use this opportunity to appeal to Kogi state government to please come to the aid of this Ebira Education Trust Fund. I can remembered vividly that at the time this Trust Fund was launched few years ago in Kogi State, the Chief of Staff who represented the governor pledged the sum of three hundred million naira (#300M) to the Trust Fund.

ALSO READ:  Adavi United 4 Ododo Takes Appreciation Visit To Traditional Rulers Over Ododo, APC's Victory At The Poll

“From the information at my disposal such pledge is yet to be redeemed. I want to appeal to the state government to please do every thing necessary so that the amount pledged is remitted to the Trust Fund because if that is done so many people that are having similar situation like Fahad Idris could be reached and helped” the NUJ Chairman appealed.

The Chairman while commending the Trust Fund for founding him worthy to present the 2022 and 2023 scholarships to the beneficiaries, advised Fahad to face his study squarely when he reach school to enable him get impressive grade that would justified the scholarship given to him.

In his words of appreciation, Fahad Idris who was visibly joyous , simply said “I lack the words with which I can express my appreciation to the BoT , members of Ebira Education Trust Fund and Ebira Youth Congress (EYC) , but I promise to make them proud”




Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Call Us Now!