The Provost, Federal College of Education (FCE) Okene , Dr. Umar Hassan has charged the newly inaugurated Deans and Directors to make a difference in their respective offices in order to make the institution one of the best in the country.
This was contained in a statement issued by the
Director of Information,
Provost’s office, Jibril Abdulrahaman which was made available to newsmen in Lokoja on Friday.
Dr Hassan while inaugurating the Committee expressed the hope and confidence that they would live up to the expectations, yearnings and aspirations of their respective Schools and Directorates.
The Provost who placed emphasis on the need for peace and tranquility in the College, noted that there cannot be development without peace.
He therefore appreciated the leadership of all the Unions in the College for their support and understanding, describing the working relationship as robust and very cordial.
The Provost further disclosed that the administration is working assiduously to access finances from relevant government organisations and agencies to run the College.
He therefore reiterated the commitment of his administration to follow all the extant rules in the decision making process of the College.
He also urged the Deans and Directors to get themselves prepared for the next rounds of Accreditation Exercise from both the National Commission for Colleges of Education ( NCCE) and the National Universities Commission ( NUC) .
Furthermore, he assured of the commitment of his administration to sustain the sabbatical leave for members of staff of the College, assuring that the numbers of beneficiaries would be further increased in the years ahead.
The newly inaugurated Deans and Directors are as follows:
1. Dr. Stephen S. Okpanachi – Dean , School of Adult, Non- Formal and Special Education
2.Mr. Abdullahi , M .J – Dean , School of Early childhood and Primary Education
3. Mr. Yakusak G .S – Dean, School of General Studies Education
4 Alh. Hussain Abdulkareem – Dean, Student Affairs
5.Mr. Akuh Adejoh.B.- Dean, School of Languages
6. Mr. Uzoma H. Nwanzor – Dean, School of Arts and Social Sciences
7. Mrs. Aturu Joan.O – Dean, School of Vocational Education
8. Mr. John Isah Ayeni – Dean, School of Sciences
9. Dr. Femi Daniel – School of Education
10. Dr. P. O Agali – Director, Directorate of Professionalism and Mentoring
11. Dr. Musa O.Ogidi – Director, Directorate of Academic / Strategic Planning
12. Dr. Michael Yusuf Ibrahim -. Director, Directorate of Quality Assurance
13. Dr. Adedayo R.O – Director, Directorate of Consultancy Services/ Ventures
14. Dr. Caleb K. Momoh – Director, Directorate of Education Support Services
15. Dr. Ojonubah James O.- Director, Directorate of Management Information System
16.Dr. Doma Danjuma – Director, Directorate of Skills Development and Linkages
17. Mr. Ogunmola J.O – Director, Continuing Education
18.Dr. Ene.I .O – Director, Directorate of Undergraduate Programme
19.Dr. Ibrahim. I.M – Director, Directorate of Examination
20. Dr. Omokore Esther .S – Director, Directorate of Schools
21. Alh. Marshall .Z.Yakubu – Coordinator, Security and Environment
In a related development, the Committee also elected it’s Chairman. He is Dr. Stephen S. Okpanachi. He was returned elected in a unanimous resolution.